The Grainova Private Limited is an online platform registered underStart-up Indiaand theProvisions of Companies Act, 2013. It is an e-commerce platform engaged in the business of facilitating selling, marketing and retailing local as well as branded Indian organic & chemical free grocery products, sustainable & environmentally conscious fashion products, cruelty-free natural beautyproducts, eco-friendly fitness products & accessories through the e-commerce website and mobile application, both developed and owned solely by The Organic Treasure Private Limited.
We play the role of a Data Controller when we collect and process Personal Data from you. We play the role of a Data Processor when we collect and process Personal Data on behalf of another Data Controller.
We commit to protecting your privacy and hence our Personal Data handling practices are continually reviewed to ensure compliance with the applicable Privacy Laws and Regulations.
The information we learn and gather from you, personal or otherwise, is used to register you, verify your identity to permit you to use the website/app, undertake transactions (including to facilitate and process payments), communicate with you, convey any promotional offers, services or updates associated with The Grainova, and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to customize your experience and improve The Grainova.
We receive and store any information you provide while using The Grainova or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use The Grainova. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as opening your account, processing your transaction, responding to your requests, and communicating with you.
We receive and store certain type of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we use ‘cookies’, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our services. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may also use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
Categories of Personal Data collected and processed by us are as follows:
Demographic and Identity Data-
• Contact details, such as Name, email address, contact number, shipping address, country, date of birth, profile picture.
• Open data and public records, such as information about you that is openly available on the internet.
• Details such as transaction amount, bank name, card number, card type, etc.
Online Identifiers and other Technical Data-
• Location details, such as data we get about your location, IP address, logs, or from where you connect a computer to the internet.
• Technical details, such as device information, location and network carrier when you use our mobile applications.
• Communication details such as the Metadata and other Personal Data we get from communications done through e-mails, SMS, instant messages and calls.
• Usage data details such as data about how you use our website or web-based properties, pages viewed, etc.
We are permitted to process your Personal Data in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations by relying on one or more of the following lawful bases:
• You have explicitly agreed to us processing your Personal Data for a specific reason.
• The processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take the steps to enter into an agreement with you.
• The processing is necessary to be in compliance with our Legal Obligations.
• The processing is necessary for the purpose of a legitimate interest pursued by us such as to provide services to you, to evaluate, develop or improve our products and services.
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may withdraw consent by contacting us. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, consequences of withdrawal will be communicated to you and upon your agreement, your request for withdrawal will be processed.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. Similarly, there are other types of trackers used. Likewise, mobile apps use requisite permissions and SDKs. These are used to make websites and apps work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website/app.
Below are the categories of cookies used on our website along with a description of what they are used for-
Strictly necessary: These cookies are needed to run our website, to keep it secure if you are logged on and to obey regulations that apply to us. If you are a customer, they help us know who you are so that you can log on and manage your accounts. They also help us keep your details safe and private.
Functional: These cookies are used for remembering things like your user ID on the login page, your region or country, your preferred language, accessibility options like large font or high contrast pages.
Performance: These cookies tell us how you and our other customers use our website. We combine all this data together and study it. This helps us to improve the performance of our services and also of the products we provide.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. Please note disabling the ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies may cause certain parts of our website to remain inaccessible to you.
We use other tracking mechanisms in addition to the above:
• Pixel Tags
• Log Files
• Clickstream Analytics
Some web browsers have a ‘Do Not Track’ feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our site is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
The Grainova app contains third party SDKs that collect personally identifiable information. They use this information to better target users or provide elements of our products and services on behalf of us. These third- party sites have separate and independent privacy policies.
• Analyse in-depth detail about the visitors on our app
• Settle errors
• Better target users
• Provide push notifications and digital ads to the users
• Example: Clevertap, Appsflyer, Cashlytics, Gamooga
• Complete customers’ payment transaction
• Example: PayU, Razorpay, Cashfree, Zeta
• Helps users login at The Grainova
• Example: Google, Internet Explorer
We have appropriate contracts in place with our third-party partners. This means that they cannot do anything with your Personal Data which is outside of the scope permitted by us. They hold it securely and retain it only for the period specified in our contracts with them.
We might also disclose your Personal Data to appropriate authorities if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security, or technical issues, or to protect our rights or the rights of those who use our products & services.
We may disclose your Personal Data to others where it is lawful to do so including where we or they:
• need to provide you with product or services
• where you have initiated a payment
• have a legal obligation to do so, e.g., to assist with detecting and preventing fraud
• have requirement in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests
• have a legitimate business reason for doing so
• want to send you information and promotional material regarding our products and services
• have asked you for your consent to share it, and you’ve agreed
• improve your online experience for using our product.
We may disclose your Personal Data for the above purposes to other parties including:
• Other group companies and any subcontractors, agents or service providers who work for us or provide services to us or group companies (including their employees, sub-contractors, service providers, directors and officers)
• Law Enforcement Authorities, Government Authorities, courts, dispute resolution bodies, our regulators, auditors and any party appointed or requested by our regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities
• Statutory and regulatory bodies and authorities (including the government, investigating agencies and entities or persons, to whom or before whom it is mandatory to disclose the Personal Data as per the applicable law, courts, judicial and quasi-judicial authorities and tribunals
• Anybody else that we are instructed to share your Personal Data with
You understand and accept that these countries may have differing (and potentially less stringent) laws relating to the degree of confidentiality afforded to the information it holds and that such information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies and private persons, as a result of applicable governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar process. In addition, a number of countries have agreements with other countries providing for exchange of information for law enforcement, tax and other purposes.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data in our custody. We take responsible steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, alteration, transmission and deletion. We ensure that the third parties who provide services to us under appropriate contracts, take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data in line with our policies.
Our website is directed to be used by adults only. If you are not an adult, while you may look at our site, you should not make a purchase, register, or submit Personal Data to us. We or our associates/affiliates do not knowingly collect information from minors.
We understand that when you interact with The Grainova, you have rights over your Personal Data. These rights involve providing reasonable steps to allow you to access your Personal Data, correct any errors among others. In the event that you are not satisfied with our response or have unresolved concerns, you can get in touch with us to resolve the issue by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further queries or complaints related to privacy under applicable laws and regulations, you could reach us at email@example.com.